If you or a family member plan to make multiple visits, or if you have many visitors, it might be wise to purchase a parking booklet rather than pay for parking during each individual visit. See the section “Discounted parking for patients and families” on their website concerning visitor parking.
While Hopkins does not own or rent out any nearby housing for families of patients with extended stays, there are multiple housing options in the area.
- General information about housing and hotels in the area
- Many families chose to stay at McElderry House, a low-frills, privately-run collection of townhouses situated adjacent to Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Of note, a new Marriott Residence Inn is scheduled to open a few blocks from the hospital in late 2017.
- There are also short-term housing options.
- Additional information is available through Johns Hopkins Guest Services.
Grocery Delivery in Baltimore
General website detailing Baltimore area grocery delivery and some current coupons:
Note: many services offer additional coupons if you are a first-time user, so check the individual services. Some offers (available at the time this document was created) are listed below:
- Peapod by Giant: coupon codes often available. Currently, the code “PS20FD” offers $20 off your first order and free delivery.
- Safeway Online Grocery: coupon codes often available. Currently, the code “EASY7” offers free delivery on your first order.
- Whole Foods grocery delivery: groceries delivered in 1 hour, free delivery on first order of $35 or more.
- Amazon Prime Now Groceries: available to Amazon Prime members. Coupon codes often available. Currently, the code “10PRIMENOW” offers $10 off your first order. Also comes with free 2-hour delivery.
Resources within Johns Hopkins Hospital
- The pre-operative mind-body program uses guided visualization and deep relaxation to help people prepare for surgery. The program discusses how to use these techniques in the weeks before surgery, immediately before surgery, and in the days after surgery.
- Spiritual care is available to all patients at Johns Hopkins. You may request a one-on-one visit with a member of the spiritual care team or attend regularly scheduled services.
- The CARE Channel is available on all patient hospital televisions. It combines images of nature with music to provide a calming environment.
- Child Life specialists can work with your family during your health care experience.
- Johns Hopkins has many other services that can make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. These include pet therapy, a library, and free wireless internet (WiFi) throughout the hospital.